M&A Session at Sochi 2014
Brief information about M&A Session at Sochi 2014
On September 19, 2014, the Sochi-2014 International Investment Forum in partnership with Sochi Legal will hold a roundtable “Golden Rules of M&A Transactions”.
In 2013 over 300 mergers and acquisitions were announced in the CIS countries. Implementation of each transaction took many months or, in some cases, over a year. Leading Russian and international experts will discuss their M&A experiences and the highlights that determine the success of such transactions at the roundtable.
The roundtable will be held on the second day of the Sochi-2014 Forum from 14:30 to 16:00. The following topics will be discussed:
- Trends in the M&A market in Russia and CIS
- Raising finance in the current market conditions
- Avoiding pitfalls in the transaction
- National or English law? Pros and cons
- Characteristics of transactions with state corporations and large financial-industrial groups
- Special situations
- Disputes arising out of M&A transactions and how to avoid them
- Regulatory aspects of transactions
- Dimitry Afanasiev, Chairman, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners (Russia).
- Kirill Androsov, Managing Partner, Altera Capital Management AG (Russia)
- Patrick Dziewolski, Partner, Bredin Prat (France)
- Nikolai Gordeev, President, Chairman of the Management Board, UFC Bank (Russia)
- Ruslan Ibragimov, Vice-President on Corporate and Legal Affairs, MTS (Russia)
- Igor Makarov, Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Legal Affairs, Basic Element (Russia)
- Sergei Ostrovsky, Partner, Ashurst (UK)
- Tomohiro Tsuchiya, Partner, Mori Hamada & Matsumoto (Japan)
- Robin Wittering, Partner, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners (Russia)
( M&A In The Current Environment)